A carpenter and craftsman with a passion
In 1934, a local congregation in Northwest Ohio hired Erie Sauder to rebuild all the woodwork in their recently burned church – including the pews and platform furniture. As the company grew, more room was needed to produce church furniture. Sauder Manufacturing Co. was officially formed by six founding members – all with a passion for creating church furniture. The company saw its first expansion in 1951, when it delivered its first long-distance order to Oregon in a milk truck.
In response to changing church furniture trends, Sauder Manufacturing Co. purchased an English chair company in 1971 to begin building plybent wood chairs in a new location in Stryker, Ohio. The successful integration ensured Sauder Worship Seating furniture continues to be manufactured in the USA as well as provide flexible seating options as part of a comprehensive worship furniture line.
The commitment to skilled craftsmanship, combined with modern technology and undeniable creativity, quality and value, while staying true to our core values allow Sauder Worship Seating to answer the call of ever-changing market trends.